INFO TIROCINIO ASSEMBLEA PARLAMENTARE DEL MEDITERRANEO – Call for young trainers on meaningful youth engagement
Call for young trainers on meaningful youth engagement
Are you a young trainer with a passion for youth participation?
UNESCO has designed a one-day training product to train UNESCO and UN staff, to meaningfully engage with youth in all areas of their work, with plans to adjust it to national policy makers and civil society organisations working on youth-focused issues.
Now UNESCO is looking to create a pool of young trainers with a passion for youth engagement to deliver this training in their regions and home countries.
What is involved for selected youth trainers
Step 1 – Online train-the-trainer programme
- • Youth trainers will participate in a train-the-trainer programme in August or September 2020. The train-the-trainer programme will take place online and will include three online development sessions. Each session will be 2.5 hrs long and will include: o Session 1: Training design – how to design a learning journey
- o Session 2: Meaningful youth engagement – an introduction to the training content
- o Session 3: Training delivery and facilitation -skills and tools
- • Youth trainers will then have the opportunity to participate in an online training for UNESCO staff to observe and co-deliver the training in practice.
* This is a professional development opportunity.
Step 2 – Join the pool of youth trainers
- • After completing the train-the trainer programme, youth trainers will join a roster and will be contacted when there is an opportunity to deliver the training in their region or home country.
* Depending on the availability of budget, youth trainers will be contracted as paid consultants when delivering a training in their region or home country.
About the young trainers
UNESCO is looking for 10 – 15 young trainers from across different regions. To become a UNESCO young trainer on meaningful youth engagement you will need to…
- • Be aged between 18 to 24.
- • Have some experience as a trainer. This could include delivering workshops or training programmes for other organisations or youth groups.
- • Have some experience in delivering training online.
- • Be a clear and confident communicator.
- • Be passionate about youth participation with some experience of either engaging youth or being engaged as a youth in a social change project or initiative.
- • Have a good command of English (the train-the-trainer programme will be delivered in English)
- • Be available to participate in the train-the-trainer programme in August or September 2020.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, send your CV and letter of motivation to The UNESCO Youth Programme at email@example.com, citing as subject: “Call for young trainers on meaningful youth engagement, UNESCO Youth Programme”, by 9 August 2020, midnight (CET).